Mahjong description and game rules
What is Mahjong?
Mahjong is a board game that is played with 36 different tiles. Each tile is represented with 4 copies, making it a total of 44 tiles.
Your goal is to pair up all the symbols on the board, following a few rules. For a tile to be considered 'opened' it has to be 'free' (no tile/empty spot) on either the left, right or both sides and on the top. The game will highlight only 'open' tiles to help you select and try to pair up two matching symbols.
All Mahjong tiles come in 4 identical copies, except Flowers and Seasons tiles. 4 flowers tiles are considered pairable but they come in slight graphical variations. The same goes for 4 Seasons tiles.
There are 3 different types of competitions you can enter when playing Mahjong:
- Playing with $0.05 bet you can only enter the $0.05-Daily competition.
- Playing with $0.50 bet you will enter the $0.50-Daily and $0.50-Monthly competition.
The funds for these competitions get filled accordingly:
10% of the bet goes into the $0.50-Monthly Fund. 80% of the bet goes into $0.05/$0.50-Daily Fund.
Mahjong competition payout rules:
60% of all the top scores that have entered the Competitions get rewarded:
1st Prize - 2% of top scores get 15% of the Fund, divided evenly.
2nd Prize - 3% - 10% of top scores get 25% of the Fund, divided evenly.
3rd Prize - 11% - 25% of top scores get 25% of the Fund, divided evenly.
4th Prize - 26% - 60% of top scores get 35% of the Fund, divided evenly.
Minimum number of qualifying scores for a specific prize for the whole fund to be paid out in full:
1st Prize - Min 2 scores qualifying
2nd Prize - Min 8 scores qualifying
3rd Prize - Min 15 scores qualifying
4th Prize - Min 35 scores qualifying
15% of the fund for the 1st Prize is $100, but there is only 1 winner qualifying for this prize. Relative to the minimum number of total winners, he does not get the full prize fund, but 50% of it.
In-game Mahjong screenshots
Mahjong game rules
- Select bet to play with
- Press start to begin the game
- Match two of the same tiles to remove the from the board
- * Flower and season tiles look different but matching any of the four will count as a match
- After you clear the board or have no moves remaining your game will end and record your score.
- Top scores on a daily/monthly basis are paid a prize of the fund pool from entry fees (read in-game rules for more details)
Mahjong Tips & facts
- Play with $0.5 to also be eligible for the monthly competition
- Using the hint option will show you a random matchign pair of the available moves, but subtract some of your score for using it!
- Try to be as fast in completing your challenge for gaining the best score (time bonus)
- Using undo option can be a game changer in some situations (i.e. when you can see the tile under, but it could disable you from further playing the game). But it also deducts some points!